(Reuters) – Global coronavirus infections skyrocketed on Thursday when Japan planned to set up a special virus task force and New Zealand was locked. The US Senate unanimously endorses a $ 2 trillion bill to help unemployed workers and industries hurt by the disease.
– More than 470,800 people have been infected worldwide and more than 21,200 people have died, according to a Reuters report.
– For an interactive graphic that tracks the global spread, open tmsnrt.rs / 3IRIR7 in an external browser.
– The summer is not likely to stop the spread of the virus and every country in Europe is expected to run out of intensive care beds by mid-April unless it is fast-acting.
– European Union countries need 10 times more personal protective equipment and other medical equipment than traditional supply chains can provide, an EU internal document showed Wednesday. .
– Italy has seen more deaths than any other country, with the latest data showing 7,403 people died of infection in just one month.
– A person living in the same Vatican residence as Pope Francis tested positive for coronavirus.
– The number of coronavirus deaths in Spain increased 738 overnight after reaching 3,434 deaths and far surpassing China.
– French health agency reported 231 new coronavirus deaths on Wednesday, totaling up to 1.31.
– Coronavirus deaths in the UK increased to 463 on Wednesday, while the total number of UK cases increased …
. (tagsToTransem) t) Africa (t) Spain (t) Asia / Pacific (t) US House of Representatives (t) Major news (t) Europe (t) Middle East (t) Relationships Race / Ethnic Issues (t) Respiratory Conditions (t) Overseas Development Assistance (t) Infectious Diseases (t) Diseases (t) Epidemiology (t) United States